TCS - StarCraft II Not Signed Up
Eligibility: College Students
Registration: Jan 14 - Feb 4, 2016
Tournament: Feb 8 - May 8, 2016
Status: Tournament Ended
DISCLAIMER:This brief overview is not intended to replace the Tournament Rules, which can be found here. Registrants should carefully consult the Tournament Rules for additional requirements concerning the operation of the Tournament.
Who is eligible?
- College Students in the United States or Canada.
- Quebec residents are eligible;
- The college must be an accredited graduate school or 4 year college or university; students attending a 2 year college are eligible;
- Players attending 4 year schools must be considered part-time or full-time students by their school;
- Players attending 2 year schools must be considered full-time students by their school;
- Schools must have a physical campus that over 50% of the population attends in-person.
- Players must be considered legal residents of the United States or Canada;
- Players must be of the age of majority in their country of residence or if under the age of majority but over 13 (a minor) must have parental consent to participate; and
- Players must have a registered account at HTTPS://COMPETE.TESPA.ORG/REGISTER and a full Battle.net account.
- Eligible teams consist of 2 players (one of whom acts as team captain)
- Both players must attend the same school.
- Players must verify their school enrollment during registration by attaching a valid school email to their profile.
- Additional proof of enrollment will be required upon reaching the round of 64 stage of the Tournament.
What is the schedule?
- Registration Open: Thursday, January 14th at 12:00pm PST
- Registration Close: Wednesday, February 3rd at 11:59pm PST
All eligible teams distributed into Regional Swiss Groups on the Americas server on Battle.net
(See what region you are part of)
- Swiss Round 1
- South Region Monday, February 8th - 5:00pm PST
- West Region Monday, February 8th - 7:00pm PST
- East Region Tuesday, February 9th - 5:00pm PST
- North Region Tuesday, February 9th - 7:00pm PST
- Swiss Round 2
- South Region Monday, February 15th - 5:00pm PST
- West Region Monday, February 15th - 7:00pm PST
- East Region Tuesday, February 16th - 5:00pm PST
- North Region Tuesday, February 16th - 7:00pm PST
- Swiss Round 3
- South Region Monday, February 22nd - 5:00pm PST
- West Region Monday, February 22nd - 7:00pm PST
- East Region Tuesday, February 23rd - 5:00pm PST
- North Region Tuesday, February 23rd - 7:00pm PST
- Swiss Round 4
- South Region Monday, February 29th - 5:00pm PST
- West Region Monday, February 29th - 7:00pm PST
- East Region Tuesday, March 1st - 5:00pm PST
- North Region Tuesday, March 1st - 7:00pm PST
- Swiss Round 5
- South Region Monday, March 7th - 5:00pm PST
- West Region Monday, March 7th - 7:00pm PST
- East Region Tuesday, March 8th - 5:00pm PST
- North Region Tuesday, March 8th - 7:00pm PST
- Swiss Round 6
- South Region Monday, March 21st - 5:00pm PDT
- West Region Monday, March 21st - 7:00pm PDT
- East Region Tuesday, March 22nd - 5:00pm PDT
- North Region Tuesday, March 22nd - 7:00pm PDT
- Swiss Round 7
- South Region Monday, March 28th - 5:00pm PDT
- West Region Monday, March 28th - 7:00pm PDT
- East Region Tuesday, March 29th - 5:00pm PDT
- North Region Tuesday, March 29th - 7:00pm PDT
All teams with a positive W/L record advance into Regional Single Elimination Playoffs
Seeded based upon performance in Swiss Groups
- Playoffs Round 1: Saturday, April 2nd - 12:00pm PDT
- Playoffs Round 2: Saturday, April 2nd - 3:00pm PDT
- Playoffs Round 3: Saturday, April 2nd - 6:00pm PDT
- Playoffs Round 4: Sunday, April 3rd - 12:00pm PDT
- Playoffs Regional Finals:
- South Region Monday, April 11th - 5:00pm PDT
- North Region Monday, April 11th - 6:00pm PDT
- East Region Tuesday, April 12th - 5:00pm PDT
- West Region Tuesday, April 12th - 6:00pm PDT
The Grand Finals will be played live at Dreamhack Austin
How does the Archon format work?
- Teams of 2 work together to play one Bo5 match.
- Teams can play together in person or over VoIP.
- Matches will use the Custom Game Lobby using the Category 'Archon', Mode '1v1', Game Speed 'Faster', Locked Alliances 'Yes', Game Privacy 'No Build Order'.
- Before the first game, each Team will veto one map at a time from the map pool until only five maps remain.
- Each team will then pick one map at a time from the remaining pool to determine the map order.
- Teams are allowed to switch races between games during the match, however must clearly communicate their intention to switch races to the other Team and cannot switch during the countdown timer of the lobby.
- Teams are allowed 10 minutes of pause time per match in the event of disconnects or technical difficulties. The game must be resumed or forfeit after that 10 minutes.
How do we play our matches?
- Matches will be assigned on the 'Brackets' tab. You can also find your matches on the 'My Matches' tab of the Tournament when logged in.
- For League Play, matches will be assigned on or around Friday of each week with the exception of the first round which will be assigned by Monday, February 8th at 4:00pm PDT.
- For the Playoffs, matches will be assigned at the end of each previous round. Round 1 will be assigned no later than Saturday, April 2nd at 11:00am PDT.
- Each round is assigned a match time and may vary by region (see the above schedule). Teams must be online and ready to play during their assigned match time.
- Matches can be played earlier if both team captains agree and they document the agreement in writing (for e.g. a screenshot of the in-game chat, email, etc).; however, they must wait until the team's scheduled match time to report the score or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Matches cannot be played later.
- If a team captain does not agree to play earlier, failure to be online during the scheduled round time within 20 minutes after the round begins will result in a forfeit of the match.
- It is up to the Team captain to save the replay of each game during the match. Upon match completion, the winning Team’s captain must report the win and upload relevant replays to their match page on the TeSPA Compete website.
- If a win is unreported, both teams will be assumed to be 'no-show' and will not be assigned a match the following week.
- If the team captain is unable to report the score, reports the score incorrectly, or the other team records the score incorrectly, that captain must contact a Tournament admin with relevant evidence to show the correct outcome.
- The 'West' Region shall include teams from Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, British Columbia, Yukon, Northwest Territories and Alberta;
- The 'North' Region shall include teams from Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nunavut, and Ontario;
- The 'South' Region shall include teams from Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Alabama and Puerto Rico;
- The 'East' Region shall include teams from Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, West Virginia, Vermont, Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia.
- Dusk Towers
- Orbital Shipyard
- Prion Terraces
- Central Protocol
- Lerilak Crest
- Ruins of Seras