Tespa Summer Series - Week 1 Not Signed Up
Eligibility: College Students
Registration: Jun 27 - Jul 8, 2016
Tournament: Jul 9 - Jul 10, 2016
Status: Tournament Ended
Tournament Concluded - Week 6 is up at https://compete.tespa.org/tournament/26
DISCLAIMER:This brief overview is not intended to replace the Tournament Rules, which can be found here. Registrants should carefully consult the Tournament Rules for additional requirements concerning the operation of the Tournament.
Who is eligible?
- College Students in the United States or Canada.
- Community Colleges Are Eligible.
- Due to state laws that restrict participation in skill based contests with entry fees (purchasing Overwatch), residents of Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota, Vermont, or Quebec are ineligible. The Tespa team is hard at work exploring additional options to increase geographic eligibility for collegiate Overwatch tournaments.
- Students must be currently enrolled or enrolled for the 2016 Fall semester.
- Players must be considered legal residents of the United States or Canada.
- Players must be of the age of majority in their country of residence or if under the age of majority but over 13 (a minor) must have parental consent to participate.
- Players must have registered an account at Compete and a full Battle.net account.
- Eligible teams consist of 6 to 15 players.
- All players must attend the same school.
- Players must verify their school enrollment during registration by attaching a valid school email to their profile.
- Additional proof of enrollment may be requested.
What is the schedule?
- Weekly Tournament #1 July 9th-10th
- Weekly Tournament #2 July 16th-17th
- Weekly Tournament #3 July 23rd-24th
- Weekly Tournament #4 July 30th-31st
- Weekly Tournament #5 August 5th-6th
- Weekly Tournament #6 August 13th-14th
- Monday, 10:00am PDT Registration for next week's tournament opens. Leave, Join, Create, and Manage your teams.
- Friday, 11:59pm PDT Registration closes and teams lock.
- Saturday, 12:00pm PDTSwiss Round 1
- Saturday, 1:30pm PDTSwiss Round 2
- Saturday, 3:00pm PDTSwiss Round 3
- Sunday, 12:00pm PDTSingle Elim Round 1
- Sunday, 1:30pm PDTSingle Elim Round 2
- Sunday, 3:00pm PDTSingle Elim Round 3
- Sunday, 4:30pm PDTSingle Elim Round 4
- Sunday, 6:00pm PDTSingle Elim Round 5
- Sunday, 7:30pm PDTSingle Elim Round 6
Top 4 teams per group advance to Sunday's Championship Bracket.
What is the Match Format?
- Teams of 6 will play one "best of one" match with the exception of the finals which will be a "best of three" with the first team to win two maps winning the match.
- One team captain must create a Custom Game Lobby and invite both his team and the opponent team captain. Lobby settings as follows:
- The map will be designated by Tournament Admins and communicated on the Match Page. All other maps should be turned off.
- Rule Set: 'Competitive'
- High bandwidth: 'On'
- Control game mode format: 'Best of 5'
- Map rotation: 'After a game'
- Map order: 'Single map'
- Return to lobby: 'After a game'
- Hero selection limit: 'None'
- Heroes: All set to 'On' unless otherwise communicated by Tournament Admins
- Disable kill cam: 'On'
- Spectators are not allowed
- All players must be listed on the team page as either a ‘Player’ or ‘Substitute’
How do we play our matches?
- Matches will be assigned on the 'Brackets' tab. You can also find your matches on the 'My Matches' tab of the Tournament when logged in.
- Matches will be assigned as the previous round ends, so keep an eye on the schedule!
- Each round is assigned a match time. Teams must be online and ready to play during their assigned match time.
- Matches can be played earlier if both team captains agree and they document the agreement in writing (for e.g. a screenshot of the in-game chat, email, etc).; however, they must wait until the team's scheduled match time to report the score or contact email@example.com. Matches cannot be played later.
- If a team captain does not agree to play earlier, failure to be online during the scheduled round time within 20 minutes after the round begins will result in a forfeit of the match.
- Teams must screenshot the victory or defeat screen of every game while holding TAB to capture the players present in the game. To do this hold tab + prt scrn then paste the screenshot into Paint or other image software. (Example Screenshot)
- Upon match completion, the winning team must report the win and upload relevant replays to their match page.
- If the team captain is unable to report the score, reports the score incorrectly, or the other team records the score incorrectly, that captain must contact a Tournament admin with relevant evidence to show the correct outcome.